The Statistical Project Competition (SPC) for Secondary School Students has been an annual event of the Hong Kong Statistical Society (HKSS) since 1986/87.
The key objectives of the competition are in three folds:
- To promote the interest of secondary school students in research methods, statistics and statistical techniques;
- To encourage students to understand the local community in a scientific and objective manner through the proper use of statistics; and
- To promote a sense of civic awareness.
Briefing Seminar cum 21/22 Prize Presentation Ceremony (22 October 2022)
- Programme (PDF)
- Experience Sharing from Winning Team of the First Prize (Junior Session) : Diocesan Girls' School (PDF)
- Experience Sharing from Winning Team of the First Prize (Senior Session) : Stewards Pooi Kei College (PDF)
- Adjudication Process and Criteria (PDF)
- Introduction to Official Statistics (PDF)
- Hang Seng Index and Statistics (PDF)
- Poster (PDF)
- Leaflet of the 2022/23 Statistical Project Competition for Secondary School Students (PDF)
22/23 Prize Presentation Ceremony
- Exact date, venue and time to be announced later