The Statistical Project Competition (SPC) for Secondary School Students has been an annual event of the Hong Kong Statistical Society (HKSS) since 1986/87.
The key objectives of the competition are in three folds:
- To promote the interest of secondary school students in research methods, statistics and statistical techniques;
- To encourage students to understand the local community in a scientific and objective manner through the proper use of statistics; and
- To promote a sense of civic awareness.
- Poster (PDF)
- Leaflet of the 2020/21 Statistical Project Competition for Secondary School Students (PDF)
Briefing Seminar on 24 October 2020
- Programme (PDF)
- Room WP01, Podium Floor, West Block, Education Bureau Kowloon Tong Education Services Centre, 19 Suffolk Road, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon (PDF)
- Introduction to adjudication process and criteria of 2020/21 SPC
- Introduction to official statistics
- Application of small area data obtained from the Population Census
- Experience Sharing of Past Winners (Senior Section) : Stewards Pooi Kei College (PDF)
- Experience Sharing of Past Winners (Junior Section) : Stewards Pooi Kei College (PDF)
Prize Presentation Ceremony
The date, time and venue for the prize presentation ceremony
- Date: 5 June 2021 (Saturday)
- Time: 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (registration starts at 9:45 a.m.)
- Venue: Auditorium, 9/F, The Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups Building, 21 Pak Fuk Road, North Point, Hong Kong [Google Map]
Special Arrangements for Bad Weather
The Prize Presentation Ceremony will be cancelled when Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.8 or above is hoisted or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is issued at or after 6:30 am.