Conditions of Entry for HKSS – John Aitchison Prize in Statistics:
- The Prize is open to those who have had full-time student status for a PhD degree in Statistics or a closely related discipline at a Hong Kong university* anytime within the past two years before the closing date for applications
- The applicant must be a member of the HKSS on the date of the application
* A Hong Kong university is defined as a public or private tertiary education institution located in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China. This definition excludes tertiary institutions located in other parts of the world that carry the name Hong Kong in their titles.
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com by 31 October 2022 (Monday) [Please mark “Submission of paper for 2023 HKSS - John Aitchison Prize in Statistics” as the subject of the email], and must include
- A formal letter of application
- A research paper (either already published in an academic journal or unpublished work) written by the applicant. Co-authored papers are allowed. However, the applicant must clearly state his/her contributions in the paper. The submitted paper must be formatted with 1.5 line spacing and should not exceed 30 A4 pages. If more space is needed, additional material (such as further technical derivations or more detailed simulation results) may be included as Supplementary Material.
- A CV of the applicant
- A letter of support by the applicant’s PhD supervisor
The award winner will be informed via email and the winner announcement will be posted on the website of Statistica Sinica and this website by around April 2023. The winner may be invited to give a presentation of his/her work at an award presentation ceremony.