The Statistical Project Competition (SPC) for Secondary School Students has been an annual event of the Hong Kong Statistical Society (HKSS) since 1986/87.
The key objectives of the competition are in three folds:
- To promote the interest of secondary school students in research methods, statistics and statistical techniques;
- To encourage students to understand the local community in a scientific and objective manner through the proper use of statistics; and
- To promote a sense of civic awareness.
Due to the deferral of class resumption for schools, the deadline for submission for the 2019/20 Statistical Project Competition for Secondary School Students originally scheduled for 14 February 2020 (Friday) is postponed to 8 May 2020 (Friday). Please submit your entries together with completed entry forms on or before that day.
- Poster (PDF)
- Leaflet of the 2019/20 Statistical Project Competition for Secondary School Students (PDF)
Briefing Seminar on 26 October 2019
- Programme (PDF)
- Mr & Mrs Chan Hon Pun Lecture Theatre (LT-18), Floor 4, Yeung Kin Man Academic Building, City University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Avenue (PDF)
- Introduction (PDF)
- Adjudication Process and Criteria (PDF)
- Hang Seng Index & Statistics (PDF)
- Data Sources (PDF)
- Experience Sharing of Past Winners (Senior Session) : C.C.C. Ming Yin College (PDF)
- Experience Sharing of Past Winners (Junior Session) : Stewards Pooi Kei College (PDF)
Prize Presentation Ceremony
- Exact date, venue and time to be announced later