The Statistical Project Competition (SPC) for Secondary School Students has been an annual event of the Hong Kong Statistical Society (HKSS) since 1986/87.
The key objectives of the competition are in three folds:
- To promote the interest of secondary school students in research methods, statistics and statistical techniques;
- To encourage students to understand the local community in a scientific and objective manner through the proper use of statistics; and
- To promote a sense of civic awareness.
Due to the deferral of class resumption for schools, the deadline for submission for the 2019/20 Statistical Project Competition for Secondary School Students originally scheduled for 14 February 2020 (Friday) is postponed to 27 March 2020 (Friday). Please submit your entries together with completed entry forms on or before that day.
- Poster (PDF)
- Leaflet of the 2019/20 Statistical Project Competition for Secondary School Students (PDF)
Briefing Seminar on 26 October 2019
- Programme (PDF)
- Mr & Mrs Chan Hon Pun Lecture Theatre (LT-18), Floor 4, Yeung Kin Man Academic Building, City University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Avenue (PDF)
- Introduction (PDF)
- Adjudication Process and Criteria (PDF)
- Hang Seng Index & Statistics (PDF)
- Data Sources (PDF)
- Experience Sharing of Past Winners (Senior Session) : C.C.C. Ming Yin College (PDF)
- Experience Sharing of Past Winners (Junior Session) : Stewards Pooi Kei College (PDF)
Prize Presentation Ceremony
- Exact date, venue and time to be announced later