|Event for SCC 2016/17||Date|
|Briefing seminar||22 October 2016 (Saturday)|
|Deadline of school nomination||25 January 2017 (Wednesday)|
|Deadline for submission||22 March 2017 (Wednesday)|
|Announcement of the shortlisted entries||5 May 2017 (Friday)|
|Interviews for shortlisted participants||20 May 2017 (Saturday)|
|Prize presentation ceremony||24 June 2017 (Saturday)|
2016/17 Announcement of winning entries and presentation of prizes
- Results of winning entries (Champion, runner-ups, distinguished prizes, Department of Statistics & Actuarial Science, the University of Hong Kong Prize for the Best Thematic Writing, PolyU Hong Kong Community College Prize for the Best Article Presentation and selected entries) can be downloaded here. Award winners will also be informed via their schools.
- The prize presentation ceremony will be held at Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups Building, North Point, on 24 June 2017 (Saturday). The details will be announced on Hong Kong Statistical Society website ( http://www.hkss.org.hk ).
- Award winners must attend the ceremony. Award winners who cannot attend the ceremony should send representatives to receive the prizes on their behalf.
Briefing Seminar on 22 October 2016 (Saturday)
- Introduction of rules and adjudication criteria (Chinese only)
- Introduction of the concept of “discrete probability distribution” (Chinese only)
Application for SCC 2016/17