|Event for SCC 2017/18||Date|
|Briefing seminar||21 October 2017 (Saturday)|
|Deadline of school nomination||31 January 2018 (Wednesday)|
|Deadline for submission||21 March 2018 (Wednesday)|
|Announcement of the shortlisted entries||4 May 2018 (Friday)|
|Interviews for shortlisted participants||19 May 2018 (Saturday)|
|Prize presentation ceremony||23 June 2018 (Saturday)|
2017/18 Announcement of shortlisted entries for senior section
- The list of shortlisted entries for senior section can be downloaded here. Participants of the shortlisted entries for senior section will also be informed via their schools.
- Participants of shortlisted entries for senior section will be invited to attend an interview held on 19 May 2018 (Saturday) and make a presentation of their entries. After the assessment by the adjudicators, the champion, the runner-ups, the distinguished participants, the winner of Department of Statistics & Actuarial Science, the University of Hong Kong Prize for the Best Thematic Writing and the winner of the PolyU Hong Kong Community College Prize for the Best Article Presentation will be chosen.
- All shortlisted participants of senior section must attend the interview. Shortlisted participants of senior section who fail to attend the interview would be disqualified.
2017/18 Briefing Seminar on 21 October 2017 (Saturday)
- Introduction of rules and adjudication criteria (Chinese only)
- Introduction of the concept of “dispersion”
2016/17 Prize Presentation Ceremony on 24 June 2017