2017/18 Statistics Creative-Writing Competition for Secondary School Students
This competition is co-organised by the Hong Kong Statistical Society and the Education Bureau.
The key objectives of the competition are:
- to raise the interest of students in statistics and its application; and
- to encourage students to creatively express in words the daily application of statistical concepts or put statistical concepts into a story in a scientific and objective manner.
A junior section is firstly introduced for students attending secondary 1 to 2 in this round of competition. Participants may use the examples in the articles of newspapers, magazines or other news media to illustrate the misuse of statistics. For details, please refer to the Rules and Regulations.
2017/18 Announcement of winning entries and presentation of prizes
- Results of winning entries can be downloaded here. Award winners will also be informed via their schools.
- The prize presentation ceremony will be held at Rayson Huang Theatre, the University of Hong Kong, on 23 June 2018 (Saturday). The details will be announced on Hong Kong Statistical Society website ( http://www.hkss.org.hk ).
- Award winners must attend the ceremony. Award winners who cannot attend the ceremony should send representatives to receive the prizes on their behalf.
2017/18 Briefing Seminar on 21 October 2017 (Saturday)
- Introduction of rules and adjudication criteria (Chinese only)
- Introduction of the concept of “dispersion”
2016/17 Prize Presentation Ceremony on 24 June 2017